New Jersey Auto Insurance Coverage
With over 130 miles of coastline, New Jersey is home to some of the most scenic beaches in the North East. But before you begin exploring the Garden State, it is essential to understand New Jersey's auto insurance requirements.
Required Auto Insurance in New Jersey
New Jersey requires all drivers to have liability insurance for both property damage and bodily injury, which pays for any damage or injuries caused by an accident in which you were at fault. New Jersey requires the following minimum liability coverage:
- Bodily Injury: $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident.
- Property Damage: $5,000 per accident.
- Personal Injury Protection: $15,000 minimum.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury: $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Property Damage: $5,000 per accident.